Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Ragi Idli with Sambar
- 1 cup Organic Tattva Arhar/Tur dal -boiled and mashed
- 2 tbsp of tamarind paste
- 10-12 shallots/small onions-optional
- 1/2 cup bottle gourd cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup drumsticks slit and 2 inches in size-optional
- 1 large tomato cut into pcs
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 1tsp Organic Tattva Mustard Seeds
- 2-3 Organic Tattva whole Red Chillies
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Organic Tattva Turmeric Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Organic Tattva Sambhar Masala
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida/Heeng
- Salt to taste
Pressure cook dal with 3 cups of water, salt and turmeric powder.
After 3 whistles, take the dal off the heat and mash it till the desired consistency is achieved.
Add 4 cups of water to the vegetables and boil them till they are moist.
Add Organic Tattva Sambar Powder, salt and the mashed dal to the vegetables.
Cook all these ingredients for 5 minutes on medium flame. Add tamarind pulp.
For tempering, take a heavy bottom pan and add oil/ghee. Add mustard seeds to the oil/ghee. •Once the seeds start crackling, add heeng, curry leaves and whole chillies.
Pour this seasoning on the sambhar.
Stir well and keep it on simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Serve hot sambhar with idlis.
BRC Global Standards